1. You’re not a “serial dater” No, you’re not looking for someone with a history of blind dates. However, you need to be aware that being on OkCupid or Tinder is not the same as dating. I get so many messages from women who are looking for a sense of adventure but who can’t commit to one person. I’m not saying don’t have fun—but you need to be wary of the fact that once you find someone you might not go back to your status-quo life.
Because dating tends to be a lot of rejection and desperation, you need to be better prepared and better prepared to be honest about your expectations. Women need to have their own money, be in control of their lives, and be in charge of themselves on a daily basis if they plan on making a first-date commitment. If you’re going to dive into the dating pool, you need to want to settle down and not put someone in a position of feeling desperate.
2. Don’t engage in “sex for the sake of sex” As much as we’ve hear how many people feel “hooked” by the promise of sex on a first date, it’s not a game any sane person wants to play. You need to establish yourself as someone who is happy to have a committed relationship. You don’t need to go on a sex-for-the-sake-of-sex bender with your first date, because anyone can be fooled. For example, I was once on a blind date with someone who told me he was divorced and that his ex cheated on him. When I asked why he had a girlfriend after all that, he responded, “She’s young, she’s hot, she goes to my school, so I figured I could screw her and play like it was no big deal.” Someone who sees you in a purely sexual way as a “bargain” is not going to be a long-term partner.
3. Don’t pretend to be someone you’re not You might be trying to play it safe or “go with the flow,” but being “in the gray” is often perceived by others as a type of camouflage. You need to be out there and bold, stand out, and be someone that people will remember. Be open and honest about who you are and what you want.
4. Don’t fall for anything too cliché You may find yourself falling in love with a guy who seems perfect on the surface. https://www.russia-bride.org/articles/best-hookup-sites-with-russian-girls-and-why-join-them
Making a Lifestyle Choice
You should be prepared to make a few sacrifices in the name of love. Sometimes you can find love, but it won’t be easy. Here are some things that you should know and accept before you can get into a serious relationship.
1. Know Why You’re in a Relationship
Some people are just meant to be together. They may have met in high school and have had a long-distance relationship. Others may have been friends from the time they were 10-years-old. But sometimes you may just find yourself in a relationship because you know you’re meant to be with this person and when you’re in it, it’s the perfect thing. In this situation, it might be best to take things a bit slower, and if you do, this won’t be a problem.
2. Know Why You’re Not in a Relationship
Are you being realistic about the situation? Don’t focus on the fact that you’re not in a relationship. Just consider the situations that could be causing the lack of love in your life. If you’re in a relationship, great. If you’re not, then you should know the reasons why you’re not. Figure out what you’re not good at, what you love doing, and what you hate. Consider it a challenge and get working on this!
Image by Cinimod/Shutterstock
3. Know Why You’re in a Short-Term Relationship
Every relationship has its ups and downs. These may vary in intensity, but every relationship requires balance. People need a break, a vacation, or a period of time apart to figure out whether they’re still happy together or if it’s not meant to be. If you’re in a short-term relationship, then good! You’re looking at the many of what works for you and staying in it long enough to figure it out.
4. Know Why You’re in a Long-Term Relationship
Sometimes, you may know you want to be in a relationship, but just can’t seem to find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. If this is the case, consider your reasons for this. Is it because you don’t know this person well enough? Do you have baggage that you need to work out? Do you have a lot of family issues that need to be worked out before you commit to this person?
Acknowledge the reasons why you need to get this one right. You